MOM-MODE to MNO-MODE (mom night out) in just 8 EASY STEPS
Hacks to get ready fast after
putting the kids to sleep
OK, it’s been a day. At sometime between 6 am and 6:30 am you woke up, you washed your face, put on some semblance of makeup and threw on yoga pants and a cute tank or t-shirt.
It’s now 6 pm and you have a dinner with your mom crew in less then an hour (because yes, early dinners are now a THING.)
You have to get your kid(s) to bed, and get yourself ready and out of your mom uniform.
I find myself in this conundrum at least once a week - so here are my tips and tricks just for YOU mama!
1.Have a multi use maxi skirt in your closet you can quickly throw on with any graphic t or tank. Top it with a leather jacket and or denim jacket and you are good to go! I love this one by MISA .
2. Invest in a favorite pair of high waisted jeans that you can tuck anything into. Mother Denim has quite a few selections in different cuts and I honestly just put them on with whatever t-shirt i was sporting that day and I somehow looked like I actually tried.
3. Accessories are everything! I’m a big fan of earrings. With that same t-shirt you didn’t change since 6 am, you can throw on the skirt or jeans and pull that unwashed hair back and with a cute lip and earrings, you look so polished! I love Accessory Junkie and Anthropology for statement earrings.
4. I love having at least 3 pigmented lip colors that I can throw on when my face hasn’t been touched since the am. I spray with a freshening spray like True Botanicals and then I touch up concealer and brows. Then I use a bold lip color - I love the ones from Bite Beauty - they have great pigment and texture and are on the cleaner side. I add a highlighter to my cheekbones, brow bones, crown of nose and cupids bow - my favorite is from Charlotte Tilbury.
5. If you’re face feels dry or needs more of a refresh, add some hydration back to it with a face oil. I put some on my hands and just tap it into my skin after my makeup has been refreshed. It adds hydration and an extra glow! It also smooths lines.. ;) I love THIS one by True Botanicals.
6. If you didn’t shower (cause let’s be real…) these shower wipes are a great refresh after a long day of mommy’ing if you don’t have time to shower before your night out.
7. Throw on a pair of comfortable booties like THESE by Anine Bing - and you are good to go!
8. Last but certainly NOT least is my last essential item when you’re rushed on-the-go. It’s my fanny pack collection that you can shop HERE. I mean…you seriously cannot go wrong with throwing on this chic fanny while you’re running out the door to meet your mom crew.
Thanks as always for stopping by!